Sunday, June 13, 2010

Second Post... Feels a little easier.

Also considering I am going to go with the leg shaving conditioner theme... I figure I should expand upon that a little. May you be amused by my pain.

I am... and always have been... a typical redhead with fair, sensitive skin. You will never know this for sure about me because the day they put me in the ground, I will still be a blond. One of the banes of my existence on earth has always been razor burn. Specifically and most frequently the bikini zone, but off and on the legs and the armpits as well. As well as dry, itchy skin... which leads to an irritation rash no matter how much lotion I slather on.

I have tried every.single.shaving cream known to man, to combat this problem. Lured by promises of "moisture" and "sensitive skin protection"... I am a sucker every time for pretty packaged full of LIES. LIES!! Once I even bought a product online called "Coochie Cream" because it swore on it's mother's grave to leave me bump and irritation free. And I paid $14.50 plus shipping for the same thing $4.95 plus tax at Target gets me: IRRITATION.

One day when I was getting ready to go big on a 3 zone fully targeted hair removal session... it occurred to me that conditioner is emollient. Hmmmm... it's does soften hair. It's good for the scalp. Hmmmm...

So I used it. And it worked. (!) I did still get the slightest bit of razor burn in the bikini area... but comparative wise... only I would notice. Another thing that blew me away was that I got the closest shave 5 blades can bring you next to being skinned alive! My skin was very moisturized and no itch at all. Amazing! All these years and the answer was in my shower all along, shaking it's head at me and playing cool.

The only downside: You do go through blades a lot faster because of the amount of gook you're scraping off of your dermis. To me... WORTH IT. So there you have it.

2 comments:

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets